Industry Code of Practice
Atlantic International Movers are a member of the main industry trade association called The British Association of Removers Ltd (BAR) and have provided two past presidents of the association. BAR decided on a strategy to improve the standard of service provided by its members and to this effect have established a Code of Practice monitored by the Trading Standards Institute.
The code aims to set out a minimum standard of conduct to which members should adhere. Atlantic International Movers are pleased that, at last, efforts are being made to improve the way at least members of this association will conduct their business for private clients who are moving within the UK.
Nothing contained in the code affects the contractual or statutory rights of the BAR company or its customer.
- We are asked by BAR to advise our clients on the Key Commitments of the Code:
- To be clear and open in our dealings, behaving at all times with honesty and integrity
- To trade fairly and responsibly
- To ensure that all our advertising and promotional material is clear and not misleading
- To provide clear, detailed information about our services and circumstances that may attract additional charges
- To offer insurance cover (for risks like loss or damage) or other protection options.
- To deal quickly, sympathetically and effectively with any issues that may arise
- To provide staff who are courteous, competent and committed to providing a high standard of service
- To offer materials for use by the client at an appropriate cost and / or include same and provide necessary equipment, as outlined in our proposal, for the professional completion of the clients removal
- Provide a free pre-payment protection scheme
- To publicise the code to our clients and provide details as required
- To confirm if we are able to deal with any complaints to the client’s satisfaction and if not, the client may refer the matter to BAR’s Conciliation Service, which can also include the arbitration scheme operated through the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR). (Please see Atlantic International Movers conditions Section 14. Disputes)
- The client can view or download a full copy of the code from www.bar.co.uk
The BAR state that compliance with the Code will be a requirement for membership. This will be a matter of audit and subject to referral to an independent disciplinary committee.
We wish them success in their endeavours to monitor members of the association.